Today in History
Travel to Germany
Facts About Germany
Thirty Years' War
German Chocolate Cake
How To in Germany
How to Color the Easter Eggs
Coloring eggs for Easter is an old tradition dating back to the times
when the liquid wax techniques were used for that. Learn how to do it
easily and in a natural way nowadays -- with onion peels!
- Fill a large pan with water and let it boil.
- Peel the onions and put the peels into the boiling water.
- Let it simmer for about half an hour till the water is very dark.
- Let the water cool without extracting the peels.
- Take fresh eggs and put each into a fine net.
- Fix the net around the egg firmly with a thread.
- Boil the eggs in the onion-peel brew for about 10 min.
- Take the eggs out of the water.
- Remove the net.
- Cool the eggs.
- Serve on a large dish.
- Use beet juice to get the red-colored eggs, spinach juice to get the
- For more elaborate ornament, use various-textured fabrics or nets.
- To make the eggs shine beautifully, rub them with a piece of bacon.
More German Tips & Tricks