Today in History
Travel to Germany
Facts About Germany
Thirty Years' War
German Chocolate Cake
How To in Germany
We have all heard of Vesper - Vesper Lynd, a striking Bond girl in Casino Royale, and a martini drink James Bond called after her.
However when it comes to Germany, it means something completely different. German Vesper comes from the verb vespern - which means having a snack between the main meals. However, dishes on the Vesper menu can be quite filling.
Typical Vesper dishes are:
- Bauernbratwurst - locally made coarse Bratwurst
- Speckeier - scrambled eggs with black forest bacon
- Bibbileskäse - curd with chives and onions
- Bauernvesper - smoked black forest bacon, homemade Leberwurst, Blutwurst, accompanied with onion slices, gherkins, Bauernbrot and a glass of schnapps.
- Wurstsalat - Elsässer or badischer Wurstsalat, both are delicious.
- Brägele - a special variant of fried potatoes, actually, Brägele resemble more a Swiss Rösti than the typical German Bratkartoffeln.
You can order these Vesper dishes with Bauernbrot or Brägele.